Healing or Body and Mind Through Meditation
It is said that the deeper the meditation, the deeper would be the healing. The mind and body are intimately connected, and the relationship of the mind to the body in meditation is very interesting. The mind creates a situation in which we see the body as peaceful and beautiful. By creating peaceful feelings in the body, the mind is absorbed in those feelings. So although the body is the object to be healed, it also becomes the means of healing the mind -- which is the ultimate goal of meditation.
Meditation is a technique that we can use at any time and place to quieten the mind and restore peace and harmony within ourselves. This subsequently gets manifested in our outward life as well. Meditation is intended not to stop us thinking but to help us to produce order in the midst of our confusion. By relaxing our mind through meditation, we can clear the chatter for a time and experience a renewed sense of energy. This enables us to bring identity, clarity and freedom to take control over our lives to become healthier and happier.
Accumulated stress is the root cause of a high proportion of illnesses, including many common and serious conditions. By eleminating stress meditation offers important benefits for the cure and prevention of a wide range of health problems and allows the mind and body to function with maximum effectiveness. This leads to good health and longevity.
The benefits of meditation:
- improved hearing and mental performance
- improved memory
- improvements in psychosomatic and stress related disorders
- benefits for mother and child during pregnancy and childbirth
- improvement in heart disease
- reversal of tumours
- disorders of the nervous system can be improved
- nose, throat and lung problems can be minimised
- increased muscular tone and flexibility
- Posture gets corrected, allowing deep breathing
- Resetting of the navel point to strengthen the lower triangle
- Strengthening of the nervous system
- Bringing normalcy to the glandular secretions of the endocrine system
- Improving resistance to stress and disease
- Opening of the chakras, rendering you more loving and open to others
- Deep relaxation and spontaneous healing
Meditation can also be termed as an energizing practice that strengthens the body and improves concentration abilities.